Composite nos

  • navid_altaf
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      Sorry folks, obvious error in my previous message. Not quite
      with it today. Take 2:

      An observation I made suggests that ODD composite nos can be
      described in one of two ways:

      - composite(odd): divisible by 3,5 or 7

      or

      - composite(odd): product of a prime no AND a no. indivisible by
      3,5 or 7.

      Navid
    • Andy Swallow
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        > Sorry folks, obvious error in my previous message. Not quite
        > with it today. Take 2:
        >
        > An observation I made suggests that ODD composite nos can be
        > described in one of two ways:
        >
        > - composite(odd): divisible by 3,5 or 7
        >
        > or
        >
        > - composite(odd): product of a prime no AND a no. indivisible by
        > 3,5 or 7.

        Umm well ok. Same response. What about 539? Or 275? Or 325? Or
        455? Or 357? And so on, and so on....

        Odd numbers are:

        - Divisible by one of 3,5 or 7,

        or

        - Divisible by none of 3,5 or 7.

        And that's it. Will you please let go of this idea that 3,5,7 are
        somehow more important? They're not, they're just small primes.

        Andy