New 10-tuplet record

  • Jens Kruse Andersen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2003
      Congratulations to Thomas Wolter who found the largest known prime 10-tuplet
      with my program:
      3630285330832*130# + 258101 + 0, 2, 6, 8, 12, 18, 20, 26, 30, 32 (62 digits)

      11 additional top-10 8- and 9-tuplets were found, 4 of them parts of the
      10-tuplet.
      The GMP library was used for prp testing.
      All primes were proved with Tony Forbes' VFYPR.

      The record took 20 hours on a 2 GHz Athlon.
      This is probably the first tuplet record in years found in less than a day -
      and it was around expectation.

      If anybody is getting tired of these frequent record announcements then I
      suggest this solution:
      Run my program for a while on several pc's, finding big record improvements
      which are harder to beat :-)

      --
      Jens Kruse Andersen
    • Gary Chaffey
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2003
        > If anybody is getting tired of these frequent record
        > announcements then I
        > suggest this solution:
        > Run my program for a while on several pc's, finding
        > big record improvements
        > which are harder to beat :-)
        >
        > --
        > Jens Kruse Andersen

        I am far from tired of these posts and think it is
        important that discoveries of this kind are mentioned
        on the list. They are certainly more prime related
        than many posts!!!
        Gary