Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Prime Number Progressions

  • ginnyw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      Mark,

      Thank you for your email. The progressions are the ordinary arithmetic type.
      One of the progressions of 11 primes is:
      17 add 44 = 61
      61 add 88 = 149
      149 add 132 = 281
      281 add 176 = 457 and continuing for 6 more terms until a nonprime 2921 is
      reached.

      My program uses a constant to search for the progressions. I started with
      pencil and paper and then wrote the program. Except for the progression which
      generates 40 primes, the largest progression I have to date generates 29
      primes. Perhaps that might be a record. Most of the progressions are with small
      numbers because of the limitations of my computer.

      Virginia W.