Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: my elementary method and Perry's /Goldbach's conjectures

  • Andy Swallow
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
      Hey, its ok, I was only half serious. It's difficult to set it out in plain
      text anyway!

      Andy

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
        Your proof is a bit difficult to follow, so I can't comment much. But it
        seems extremely suspicious that the Omega function should appear like that
        in theorem 1.

        But surely someone's proved Perry's "conjecture" already...?

        Surely?!?

        Andy
      • antonioveloz2
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
          <umistphd2003@y...> wrote:

          > Your proof is a bit difficult to follow, so I can't comment much.
          But it
          > seems extremely suspicious that the Omega function should appear
          like that
          > in theorem 1.
          >
          > But surely someone's proved Perry's "conjecture" already...?
          >
          > Surely?!?
          >
          > Andy
        • antonioveloz2
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
            <umistphd2003@y...> wrote:

            > Your proof is a bit difficult to follow, so I can't comment much.
            But it
            > seems extremely suspicious that the Omega function should appear
            like that
            > in theorem 1.
            >
            > But surely someone's proved Perry's "conjecture" already...?
            >
            > Surely?!?
            >
            > Andy

            Sorry about the last post.

            I actually meant to print the following.

            We are considering the sentence p(x)t(x) and its associated sum.
            Define t'(x) as t'(x)={1 if t(x) = 0 and 0 otherwise. So now t'(x)
            equals 1 iff (x,n)>1 and t(x) + t'(x) = 1 for all x in Sn.

            Now p(x)t(x) is equivalent to p(x)(1-t'(x)) is equivalent to
            p(x) - p(x)t'(x) for all x in Sn

            If we sum over x then
            Sum(p(x)) = Pi(n-3)-1 the odd primes p <= n-3

            Sum(p(x)t'(x)) = Omega(n) - 1
            because t'(x) equals 1 iff (n,p)>1 which implies that p|n but we
            subtract 1 because since n is even 2|n and we only want the odd prime
            divisors since p(x)=0 if x is equal to 2.

            I believe that a simple formula for the Goldbachian partition
            function will depend on Omega(n) but I am not ready to conjecture
            such a result.

            Thanks for looking over my post.
          • Richard Traynham
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2003
              So, what's next: Politically Correct Maths?

              Personally I *hate* PDF. Hmmm (muses to self: I
              wonder what Pytho and Archie used... PDF, HTML,
              UML, ....?)

              Fav counter example: consider a set X | X contains
              phi and all sets which do not (by definition) contain
              phi.

              NOTES:

              phi == {} == the empty set.

              =========== (later froods, off to scarf down a
              couple more hot dogs) btw, Barry White died :(

              ====================================== --30--
              (the overt memo follows)

              To: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com

              --- Andy Swallow <umistphd2003@...> wrote:

              > Hey, its ok, I was only half serious. It's difficult
              > to set it out in plain
              > text anyway!
              >
              > Andy

              =====
              Check out my web site: http://www.mac-2001.com
              (A haven for the discussion of "Meaningful Ideas")

              "If you take a dog and feed him and make him famous,
              he will not bite you. That is the principle
              difference between a dog and a man" -- Mark Twain.

              http://sbc.yahoo.com