Re: my elementary method and Perry's /Goldbach's conjectures

  • antonioveloz2
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3 2:52 PM
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Swallow"
      <umistphd2003@y...> wrote:

      > Could we pass a law?
      >
      > 'Anyone submitting proofs must typeset them nicely'
      >
      > Please? It's a dream anyway...
      >
      > Andy

      I apologize. I will make a pdf file and a mathematica program with
      the paper and post a link to them. I would also like to state that I
      do not claim to prove Goldbach's conjecture.
    • Andy Swallow
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3 3:14 PM
        Hey, its ok, I was only half serious. It's difficult to set it out in plain
        text anyway!

        Andy

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3 3:27 PM
          Your proof is a bit difficult to follow, so I can't comment much. But it
          seems extremely suspicious that the Omega function should appear like that
          in theorem 1.

          But surely someone's proved Perry's "conjecture" already...?

          Surely?!?

          Andy
        • antonioveloz2
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3 3:44 PM
            <umistphd2003@y...> wrote:

            > Your proof is a bit difficult to follow, so I can't comment much.
            But it
            > seems extremely suspicious that the Omega function should appear
            like that
            > in theorem 1.
            >
            > But surely someone's proved Perry's "conjecture" already...?
            >
            > Surely?!?
            >
            > Andy
          • antonioveloz2
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3 3:56 PM
              <umistphd2003@y...> wrote:

              > Your proof is a bit difficult to follow, so I can't comment much.
              But it
              > seems extremely suspicious that the Omega function should appear
              like that
              > in theorem 1.
              >
              > But surely someone's proved Perry's "conjecture" already...?
              >
              > Surely?!?
              >
              > Andy

              Sorry about the last post.

              I actually meant to print the following.

              We are considering the sentence p(x)t(x) and its associated sum.
              Define t'(x) as t'(x)={1 if t(x) = 0 and 0 otherwise. So now t'(x)
              equals 1 iff (x,n)>1 and t(x) + t'(x) = 1 for all x in Sn.

              Now p(x)t(x) is equivalent to p(x)(1-t'(x)) is equivalent to
              p(x) - p(x)t'(x) for all x in Sn

              If we sum over x then
              Sum(p(x)) = Pi(n-3)-1 the odd primes p <= n-3

              Sum(p(x)t'(x)) = Omega(n) - 1
              because t'(x) equals 1 iff (n,p)>1 which implies that p|n but we
              subtract 1 because since n is even 2|n and we only want the odd prime
              divisors since p(x)=0 if x is equal to 2.

              I believe that a simple formula for the Goldbachian partition
              function will depend on Omega(n) but I am not ready to conjecture
              such a result.

              Thanks for looking over my post.
            • Richard Traynham
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4 3:53 PM
                So, what's next: Politically Correct Maths?

                Personally I *hate* PDF. Hmmm (muses to self: I
                wonder what Pytho and Archie used... PDF, HTML,
                UML, ....?)

                Fav counter example: consider a set X | X contains
                phi and all sets which do not (by definition) contain
                phi.

                NOTES:

                phi == {} == the empty set.

                =========== (later froods, off to scarf down a
                couple more hot dogs) btw, Barry White died :(

                ====================================== --30--
                (the overt memo follows)

                To: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com

                --- Andy Swallow <umistphd2003@...> wrote:

                > Hey, its ok, I was only half serious. It's difficult
                > to set it out in plain
                > text anyway!
                >
                > Andy

                =====
                Check out my web site: http://www.mac-2001.com
                (A haven for the discussion of "Meaningful Ideas")

                "If you take a dog and feed him and make him famous,
                he will not bite you. That is the principle
                difference between a dog and a man" -- Mark Twain.

                http://sbc.yahoo.com