Re: [PrimeNumbers] my elementary method and Perry's /Goldbach's conjectures

  • Andy Swallow
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
      Could we pass a law?

      'Anyone submitting proofs must typeset them nicely'

      Please? It's a dream anyway...

      Andy
    • antonioveloz2
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Swallow"
        <umistphd2003@y...> wrote:

        > Could we pass a law?
        >
        > 'Anyone submitting proofs must typeset them nicely'
        >
        > Please? It's a dream anyway...
        >
        > Andy

        I apologize. I will make a pdf file and a mathematica program with
        the paper and post a link to them. I would also like to state that I
        do not claim to prove Goldbach's conjecture.
      • Andy Swallow
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
          Hey, its ok, I was only half serious. It's difficult to set it out in plain
          text anyway!

          Andy

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
            Your proof is a bit difficult to follow, so I can't comment much. But it
            seems extremely suspicious that the Omega function should appear like that
            in theorem 1.

            But surely someone's proved Perry's "conjecture" already...?

            Surely?!?

            Andy
          • antonioveloz2
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
              <umistphd2003@y...> wrote:

              > Your proof is a bit difficult to follow, so I can't comment much.
              But it
              > seems extremely suspicious that the Omega function should appear
              like that
              > in theorem 1.
              >
              > But surely someone's proved Perry's "conjecture" already...?
              >
              > Surely?!?
              >
              > Andy
            • antonioveloz2
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
                <umistphd2003@y...> wrote:

                > Your proof is a bit difficult to follow, so I can't comment much.
                But it
                > seems extremely suspicious that the Omega function should appear
                like that
                > in theorem 1.
                >
                > But surely someone's proved Perry's "conjecture" already...?
                >
                > Surely?!?
                >
                > Andy

                Sorry about the last post.

                I actually meant to print the following.

                We are considering the sentence p(x)t(x) and its associated sum.
                Define t'(x) as t'(x)={1 if t(x) = 0 and 0 otherwise. So now t'(x)
                equals 1 iff (x,n)>1 and t(x) + t'(x) = 1 for all x in Sn.

                Now p(x)t(x) is equivalent to p(x)(1-t'(x)) is equivalent to
                p(x) - p(x)t'(x) for all x in Sn

                If we sum over x then
                Sum(p(x)) = Pi(n-3)-1 the odd primes p <= n-3

                Sum(p(x)t'(x)) = Omega(n) - 1
                because t'(x) equals 1 iff (n,p)>1 which implies that p|n but we
                subtract 1 because since n is even 2|n and we only want the odd prime
                divisors since p(x)=0 if x is equal to 2.

                I believe that a simple formula for the Goldbachian partition
                function will depend on Omega(n) but I am not ready to conjecture
                such a result.

                Thanks for looking over my post.
              • Richard Traynham
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 4, 2003
                  So, what's next: Politically Correct Maths?

                  Personally I *hate* PDF. Hmmm (muses to self: I
                  wonder what Pytho and Archie used... PDF, HTML,
                  UML, ....?)

                  Fav counter example: consider a set X | X contains
                  phi and all sets which do not (by definition) contain
                  phi.

                  NOTES:

                  phi == {} == the empty set.

                  =========== (later froods, off to scarf down a
                  couple more hot dogs) btw, Barry White died :(

                  ====================================== --30--
                  (the overt memo follows)

                  To: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com

                  --- Andy Swallow <umistphd2003@...> wrote:

                  > Hey, its ok, I was only half serious. It's difficult
                  > to set it out in plain
                  > text anyway!
                  >
                  > Andy

                  =====
                  Check out my web site: http://www.mac-2001.com
                  (A haven for the discussion of "Meaningful Ideas")

                  "If you take a dog and feed him and make him famous,
                  he will not bite you. That is the principle
                  difference between a dog and a man" -- Mark Twain.

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com