generalized prime testing

  • eharsh82
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hi,
      I have come across an algorithm that uses lucas sequnces to test the
      primality of generalized primes in P (odinary ones for which +-1 of n
      cannot be factorized).
      It's running time is about log2(N)*log(N)*constant.
      basically it will take the same time it takes to run a PRP test on
      the number being tested.

      Has such an algorith already been discovered??

      let me know if you know the existence of such an algorithm.

      Thanks!
      Harsh Aggarwal