Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Curious comments

  • Andrey Kulsha
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
      Hello Chris!

      > > the URL given on the page:
      > > http://www.utm.edu/cgi-bin/caldwell/primes/submit/proths.cgi
      >
      > Andrey, that one made me laugh out loud--I moved that page
      > several years ago

      :-)

      > and no-one had pointed out that error!

      ;-)))

      > Fixed now it will show up next update).

      Thanks!

      > But why do you send these to the list rather than to me?

      Just for fun: other members of our list also have a sense of humour, so let's laugh together!

      Andrey :-)

    • Chris Caldwell
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
        On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Andrey Kulsha wrote:
        > > and no-one had pointed out that error!

        Well that's certianly not the first time I was wrong (today)

        > Just for fun: other members of our list also have a sense of humour, so let's laugh together!

        Ah, okay.

        CC
      • Chris Caldwell
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
          Hello all,

          My university will be off-line this Saturday while they hook up
          the computer center's new diesel generator (to keep things running durng
          long outages). It is suppose to be done in less that 24 hours...

          So don't worry--they'll be back... surely by Monday!

          Chris
        • Paul Leyland
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 27, 2003
            > From: Chris Caldwell [mailto:caldwell@...]

            > My university will be off-line this Saturday while they hook up
            > the computer center's new diesel generator (to keep things
            > running durng
            > long outages). It is suppose to be done in less that 24 hours...

            It has been my experience over many years and at a number of institutions that maintenance and testing on a UPS causes more downtime than the UPS ever prevents during its entire lifetime.

            The UPS situation over the last 6 months here at MSR Cambridge has fully borne this out. We've had three periods of downtime, each lasting several hours, to perform tests and fix the faults thereby discovered.

            Not much to do with primes, sorry.

            Paul