Re: Brialliant numbers

  • leenstra37
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
      Uh, consecutive?

      The only way I can think of to define two brilliant numbers as
      consecutive is if they were next to each other in a list of PRP's or
      pseudoprimes.

      (Or perhaps I am just another trolling victim?
      ...excuse me, I need to remove this hook before it gets set too
      firmly... ;-)

      Bruce

      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Perry" <perry@g...> wrote:
      > from;
      >
      > http://www.alpertron.com.ar/BRILLIANT.HTM
      >
      > Is anyone searching for the longest run of consecutive brilliant's?
      >
      > Jon Perry
    • Jon Perry
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
        Based on the URL mentioned (http://www.alpertron.com.ar/BRILLIANT.HTM),
        there is a section which states:

        1000=10*100=20*50=25*40
        1001=11*91=13*77
        1002=...
        1003=17*59
        1004=...
        1005=15*67
        1006=...
        1007=19*53
        1008=12*84=14*72=16*63=18*56=21*48=24*42=28*36
        1009=...
        1010=101*10
        1011=...
        1012=11*92=22*46=23*44
        1013=...
        1014=13*78=26*39
        1015=39*35
        1016=...

        and so 1001-1007 are 'consecutive' and all brilliant. Except for this is
        confusing as 15 really equals 3*5. Is this sort of data really necessary?

        Continuing, it seems 1003 and 1007 are 2-brilliant, and thus can we define
        'consecutive' from this? Note that if 1009 was 3-brilliant, then this would
        be OK.

        Jon Perry
        perry@...
        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths/
        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/DIVMenu/
        BrainBench MVP for HTML and JavaScript
        http://www.brainbench.com
      • Jon Perry
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
          'Think about divisibilty by three. Please.'

          Regions [x,x+k] where the density of brilliant numbers is larger than
          normal.