Re: Did you say problem?

  • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2001
      Andrey Kulsha wrote:
      > I've just meant a situation when computer reboots without
      > our control
      Well my computer would never dare to do that.
      It knows that I would shoot it:-)
      I repeat: control freaks should set
      BootGUI=0
      David
    • Barubary
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2001
        Why not take the prime95 approach to this? Every so often, save your
        current results to disk. But rather than saving to simply 1 file,
        alternately save to 2 files. Using a CRC and a timestamp, you can figure
        out at program startup which is the last valid save. It's incredibly
        unlikely that both files become corrupt.

        -- Barubary