Re: Did you say problem?

  • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2001
      Andrey Kulsha wrote:
      > So we must set "AutoScan=0" option in
      > MSDOS.SYS file.
      Better yet is "BootGUI=0"
      and then clean up yourself,
      using a sane tool from Norton,
      before abandoning control with
      > Win
    • Andrey Kulsha
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2001
        Hello!

        David Broadhurst wrote:
        >> So we must set "AutoScan=0" option in
        >> MSDOS.SYS file.
        >Better yet is "BootGUI=0"
        >and then clean up yourself,
        >using a sane tool from Norton,
        >before abandoning control with
        >> Win

        I've just meant a situation when computer reboots without
        our control (e.g., we are sleep, and Windoze has gluked).

        Andrey
      • Andrey Kulsha
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2001
          Hello!

          Marcel Martin wrote:

          >>However, there is much better way to solve this problem.
          >>Titanix may close report files until the next test will be
          >>passed, then append the report, write some info and close
          it
          >>again, and so on.
          >
          >Are you sure I can ask to all Titanix users to do that with
          the
          >executables that are running on their systems?

          Hmmm... I can't understand the question. What must Titanix
          users to do with the executables?

          AFAIK, the filesize of "0" and copy-error happen when the
          file is opened for write. Titanix (2.1.1 maybe) can close
          report files immediately after writing current test info to
          them, and then append only when the next test will be
          passed.

          So:
          1) we'll be able to make a reserve copy of certificate in
          any time when file is closed (i.e., almost always);
          2) if Windoze suddenly reboot, Scandisk won't delete
          clusters with certificate info, because the .out-file was
          closed and hence had correct size.

          Best wishes,

          Andrey
        • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2001
            Andrey Kulsha wrote:
            > I've just meant a situation when computer reboots without
            > our control
            Well my computer would never dare to do that.
            It knows that I would shoot it:-)
            I repeat: control freaks should set
            BootGUI=0
            David
          • Barubary
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2001
              Why not take the prime95 approach to this? Every so often, save your
              current results to disk. But rather than saving to simply 1 file,
              alternately save to 2 files. Using a CRC and a timestamp, you can figure
              out at program startup which is the last valid save. It's incredibly
              unlikely that both files become corrupt.

              -- Barubary