98^663+663^98 is primes (was: Re: [PrimeNumbers] a^b+b^a is PRP!)

  • Christ van Willegen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2001
      Hi,

      Paul Leyland wrote:
      > Andrey Kulsha wrote:
      > > This is a complete list of prp's of the form a^b+b^a, where
      > > 1<a<b<1001:
      >
      > I posted to this very forum exactly the same list on Thursday 22nd
      > February under the Subject: "Primes and strong pseudoprimes of the form
      > x^y+y^x".
      >
      > Many of the primes were proved by me years ago, and I had two in the
      > prime record tables until they were re-catalogued as uninteresting.
      >
      > I'd be interested in seeing some of them proved prime --- the ones I
      > never got around to completing!

      yesterday-evening, I threw Titanix at 98^663+663^98, and
      this morning it reported the following:
      Time: 7h 16mn 15s
      Test: 191
      Candidate certified prime

      I just took one from the list to see how much time it would
      take to be certified. I haven't checked the certificate yet,
      but that can be done afterwards.

      So, Paul, in order not to do any work duplication, do you have
      a list of the proven primes you found?

      Andrey, one down, several more to go :-)

      Christ van Willegen
    • Paul Leyland
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
        > So, Paul, in order not to do any work duplication, do you have
        > a list of the proven primes you found?

        Yes, they appear in the list I posted here a few months ago.

        Rather than cluttering up the entire membership's mailboxes with a
        duplicate posting, I'll send a personal copy.

        Paul
      • Paul Leyland
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
          I have not been able to find my extended lists of strong pseudoprimes of
          the form x^y+y^x. I'm restarting the search from the largest still
          available to me, (1015,384).

          More will be posted when reasonable progress has been made.

          Paul
        • Andrey Kulsha
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
            Hello!

            >I have not been able to find my extended lists of strong pseudoprimes of
            >the form x^y+y^x. I'm restarting the search from the largest still
            >available to me, (1015,384).

            I've already searched up to y=1227...

            Would you start the search from y=1501 please?

            Thanks,

            Andrey