Re: How important are primes?

  • j_m_berg
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2003
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Perry" <perry@g...> wrote:
      > I see primes as the fundamental building block of the universe,
      however this
      > terse description doesn't explain the universe very well. The main
      question
      > of this thread is therefore are primes of more importance in the
      universe
      > than the irrationals, or is their intertwinededness inextractible?

      The Middle Ages had the question "How many angels could dance on the
      head of a pin." It appears we have found the 21st Century's
      equivilent to the old angel question?

      Is 1 a prime?
      Is the metaphysical nature of primes crucial?
      Was Bin Laden responsible for WW-II?
    • Jon Perry
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2003
        'How many angels can dance on the head of a pin.'

        Is this some kind of 'what happens next' question?

        Jon Perry
        perry@...
        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths/
        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/DIVMenu/