RE: [PrimeNumbers] A Fair Trial

  • Jon Perry
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2003
      'How else do you expect to learn osmosis?'

      Does learning osmosis include letting all knowledge seep out - hence we have
      a paradox, and it is impossible therefore to learn osmosis?

      Jon Perry
      perry@...
      http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths/
      http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/DIVMenu/
      BrainBench MVP for HTML and JavaScript
      http://www.brainbench.com
    • Jud McCranie
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2003
        At 09:44 AM 5/2/2003, Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho wrote:

        >In retrospect I believe Mr. J. Berg treated you far more softly than you
        >deserve.

        I agree that is responses to Mr. Berg were completely out of line, and I
        wrote to Mr. Berg privately about that.
      • j_m_berg
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2003
          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Jud McCranie <judmccr@b...>
          wrote:
          > At 09:44 AM 5/2/2003, Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho wrote:
          >
          > >In retrospect I believe Mr. J. Berg treated you far more softly
          than you
          > >deserve.
          >
          > I agree that is responses to Mr. Berg were completely out of line,
          and I
          > wrote to Mr. Berg privately about that.

          My first reaction to the tone he took, was to lash out in reply. That
          is why I posted my public reply at the time. When he escalated the
          tone even further, I immediately stopped and gave it 24 hours to cool
          off before going further. The next day I realized that a flame war
          was not called for on this board, given what we are attempting to use
          it for. So, I attempted to drop the issue and went on with
          my "dabbling". But at the same time, I decided to limit my public
          posts for awhile.

          Frankly I don't feel like dropping to his level and playing his
          games. Nor do I think anyone else should. If you dislike his
          behavior, simply don't acknowledge that he even exists. If/when
          enough people give someone a cold shoulder, the person usually gives
          up and goes elsewhere. I've found that doing anything else usually
          escalates the problem until it ruins everything.

          Let's focus on numbers and ignore people short on social skills.
          While I'm certain he's a very talented person in his field, I think
          we can all agree that he is still young and still learning how to
          interact with people. And, I think we can also all agree that this is
          not the right place to be trying to "teach" anyone how to behave in
          public.

          Still dabbling,
          Jay Berg