Provable Primes in a range

  • pbtoau
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I am interested in the number of primes in the 10^8 integers
      following powers of ten starting with 25. I used CPAPSieve to remove
      candidates with small factors. I then used PFGW and wound up with
      two files, 647600 primes and 1736005 probable primes. Is there any
      software available to prove the remaining probables? PRIMO is
      blazingly fast, but it only handles one number per file. The
      overhead of 1.7M files would be a killer. I can use ProvablePrimeQ
      in Mathematica, but it would require nearly three weeks of CPU time.
      Hopefully someone has or knows of something that will help.

      Thank you,

      David Baugh
    • Andrey Kulsha
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2003
        Hello David,

        > Is there any software available to prove the remaining probables?

        you may use APR-CL test included in Satoshi Tobamechi's software (e.g., PPSIQS):

        http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~KC2H-MSM/cn/index.htm

        I used this to prove the primality of ~26 thousands of prime factors from P20 to P316 of my XYYXF project.

        Best,

        Andrey