NewPGen 2.81 available

  • Paul Jobling
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 7:32 AM
      Hi all,

      A new version - 2.81 - of NewPGen is available at the primes site. There are
      linux and windows versions; the only change over 2.80 is a bug fix in the
      fixed-k sieves: if you run a fixed k sieve with n_min=1, and then you continue
      to sieve the file after stopping, incorrect results will be generated. Many
      thanks to Jean Penne for the linux port.

      Regards,

      Paul.

    • Jiong Sun
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 12:34 PM
        A quick test on linux 2.81 version showed that it is
        about 30% slower than linux 2.70 (both for statically
        linked version). I tested with k.2^n-1 with n fixed on
        Ath-1800. Anyone else has speed test results? any
        possible reason why it is slower? Thanks.
        Jiong

        http://tax.yahoo.com