Re: 20/03/2003

  • David Broadhurst
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19, 2003
      Sadly, history will record this as a shameful date in the
      histories of the United States of America and
      the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
      David (on a topic that is more serious than our usual discussion)
    • Ken Davis
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2003
        It pains me to admit it but Australia has to be included in this list
        too.
        Ken
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "David Broadhurst"
        <d.broadhurst@o...> wrote:
        > Sadly, history will record this as a shameful date in the
        > histories of the United States of America and
        > the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
        > David (on a topic that is more serious than our usual discussion)
      • Ignacio Larrosa Cañestro
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
          Sadly also Spain, again the vast majority of spanish people, althought its
          participation is more symbolic than real ...

          Best regards from a 'PPrestigeada' Galicia,

          in the SHAME day

          Ignacio Larrosa Cañestro
          A Coruña (España)
          ilarrosa@...

          > It pains me to admit it but Australia has to be included in this list
          > too.
          > Ken
          > --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "David Broadhurst"
          > <d.broadhurst@o...> wrote:
          > > Sadly, history will record this as a shameful date in the
          > > histories of the United States of America and
          > > the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
          > > David (on a topic that is more serious than our usual discussion)
        • Pavlos S
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
            I never understood why the rulers of U.S and G.Britain
            are so thirsty for blood

            http://platinum.yahoo.com
          • David Broadhurst
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
              > I never understood why the rulers of U.S
              > and G.Britain are so thirsty for blood

              Arrogance and vanity, respectively?

              Thus far a british, an australian,
              and a galician member have broken
              etiquette by indicating their
              feelings on this list.

              Is there no american member who
              shares our sense of shame?

              David
            • Paul Jobling
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
                David,

                Perhaps they feel that - like religion and politics - this war is not a
                suitable topic for polite conversation. That is certainly why my postings on
                it will go to plastic.com, while my postings to this and other non-comment
                forums will remain on-topic.

                We have enough to be going on with with the question of whether 1 is a prime
                number or not without bringing anything else into the mix ;-)

                Regards,

                Paul.

              • Hadley, Thomas H (Tom), ALABS
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
                    Thanks, Tom, that perception helped me, a bit.

                    I received several other replies from american
                    members, off-list, some of which explained
                    reasons for not wanting to express liberal
                    opinions on-list. [But why on earth they didn't
                    post them here is still beyond my ken.
                    Does american fear and conformism really reach
                    to the obscure depths of a math list?
                    And please don't say that you wanted to
                    stay on primenumbers topics, because I don't
                    believe that, from the evidence of my private mail.]

                    On a brighter note, I just got back from a revivifying
                    10-hour stint in Parliament Square.

                    There was lots going on that need not
                    be recounted here. But the marginally
                    relevant anecdote that might interest