Re: [PrimeNumbers] Number Spiral

  • Rob Sacks
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 2:26 PM
      Hi qntmpkt,

      Thanks very much for drawing these Cartesian cuvature
      numbers to our attention. I find this extremely interesting.
      As you suggested, I found the Science News article in Google.
      The link is here:

      http://www.sciencenews.org/20010421/bob18.asp

      > It appears that the "Number Spiral" is the appropriate
      > format for further investigation in resolving the question with
      > (perhaps) a plot grouping together 3 of the 4 tangential circles, but
      > not necessarily the innermost circle.

      Can you describe in a little more detail how you would make
      a plot on the number spiral that corresponds to the packed
      circles?

      Best regards,

      Rob

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4 8:03 PM
        Hello,

        The relationship between the Spiral and the Apollonian Circles
        is amazing and intimate!

        I've written something up on it here

        http://www.imathination.net/APPVeins.htm

        Regards,