Re: GMP ECM 5.0 (revision c) released

  • andrew_j_walker <ajw01@uow.edu.au>
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 7:32 PM
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Fougeron." <jfoug@k...>
      wrote:
      > I have uploaded the latest GMP ECM release. I have placed most of
      the changes
      > I had previously done to the ECM 4c-r7a into this new release.
      Things added
      > "beyond" the stock 5.0 release are:
      >
      > 5. -t n (trial division). The -rho switch has not been added to
      ecm 5.0

      The -t option appears to be broken. -t 10000 for instance gives an
      error.
      > (yet).
      > 6. -i file will use file as the input (instead of requiring stdin
      > redirection).

      Is -oe replaced or redundant?

      > 5.0 added P-1 and P+1 factoring.

      It would be nice to have this as an option to use before ecm
      as the trial and rho factoring work in 4c.
      > 5.0 has a "enhanced" expression parser over 4c-r7a. Primorials,
      multi-
      > primorials and factorials have been added.

      Again, nice!

      Andrew
    • Christ van Willegen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5 7:41 AM
        Jim Fougeron. wrote:

        >I have uploaded the latest GMP ECM release. I have placed most of the changes
        >I had previously done to the ECM 4c-r7a into this new release. Things added
        >"beyond" the stock 5.0 release are:

        Do you have the source uploaded as well? Or, can you direct me to the
        source files for this?

        Christ van Willegen
      • jim_fougeron
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5 9:21 AM
          The source will not be released by me like before. I am now a member
          of the "official" GMP-ECM development group. When that group
          releases ECM 5.1, then there will be the sources for that. At this
          time, treat the 5.0c as an early release beta. Also, I will probably
          post 5.0d binaries today. 5.0d is what I have checked in to the CVS
          source control repository for ECM.

          5.0d fixes several bugs in the 5.0c release, and adds Phi(N,B) to the
          expression parser syntax.

          Jim.

          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Christ van Willegen