Re: [PrimeNumbers] BLS vs psp

  • Carl Devore
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003
      On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Phil Carmody wrote:
      > > I am using Maple, writing my own code, and just hitting a wall with
      > > these multi-hundred digit numbers, even for a psp test.
      >
      > Just use OpenPFGW. Why reinvent the wheel?

      Because it is a good way to learn about and play with algorithms without
      getting bogged down in implementation details. Maple is great for this.
    • Carl Devore
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003
        On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Carl Devore wrote:
        > I am one of world's leading experts on make Maple code run fast, perhaps
        > the leading expert. I would be happy to look at your code and give you
        > some pointers.

        Oh, I forgot to add: I realize that the Maple code will never be as fast
        as compiled code that is specifically designed for primality testing.
        But Maple is an excellent system for prototyping and experimenting.