PrimeForm/GW, version 1.1

  • Chris Nash
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2001
      Hi folks,

      Version 1.1 of PrimeForm/GW has just been released. Binaries for Win32
      and for BeOS R5 x86 may be downloaded from

      http://www.primeform.net/openpfgw

      (Linux users will have to build from source I'm afraid, also available
      at that link). Many users will already have seen most of the new
      features 1.1 has over 1.0, because of the regular
      development previews. The new official release includes documentation
      and tutorials. When we put the package together, we were surprised just
      how much had gone in over the past six months.

      Here's just *some* of the items added from version 1.0 (deep breath!)

      accelerated digit-reading, Fibonacci and Lucas 'full' functions,
      'combined' testing mode, composite verification, restarting on abnormal
      termination, extended BLS, ini files added, accelerated factorial-based
      functions. new gcd function, 'ABC' script files, 'nice' flag, a new
      prime sieve, ctrl-C clean shutdown, file handling improvements,
      factoring cutoffs, 42 bit c in k.2^n+-c code, decimal output, factor
      limit by percentage, new log file...

      ...and many many more - and that doesn't include the bug fixes :)

      Meanwhile, development continues... exciting things are afoot for
      v1.2... or will it be v2.0?

      Special thanks go to Micha Fleuren for writing the documentation, and
      Jim Fougeron for his continued maintenance of the Windows version.

      Chris Nash and the OpenPFGW team.