anti-PrP ECM

  • David Broadhurst <d.broadhurst@open.ac.u
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      I am currently on the second ECM leg of a hunt for a
      5-Carmichael number with 5 titanic prime factors,
      using the {1,2,12} seed and the obvious double-ECM strategy,
      of which only the first leg was Dickman-enhanced.

      I wonder, has anyone had the experience of hoping that
      the next ECM extraction does _not_ leave a PrP cofactor?

      If it does I would get too deep into ECPP territory
      for a proof and if it doesn't I can continue to try to
      extract another small prime factor.

      Here's hoping for no PrPs, at _this_ stage...