RE: [PrimeNumbers] Interpreting Another Prime Puzzle

  • Milton Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 7:16 AM
      Of course it should say:

      PRP of the form 10^(10000+x) + y

      Milton L. Brown
      miltbrown@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Milton Brown [mailto:miltbrown@...]
      Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 6:24 PM
      To: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: miltbrown@...
      Subject: [PrimeNumbers] Interpreting Another Prime Puzzle

      Corresponding to my posting of January 13, the following PRP's,
      from my list may help you see the patterns and discover the
      meaning:

      PPR of the form 10^x+y
      x y x y
      =========== =========
      1 9933 16 38353
      2 7341 17 26371
      3 63091 18 3631
      4 28333 19 20007
      5 13629 20 46291

      6 4659 21 3663
      7 9001 22 52783
      8 3909 23 58333
      9 49521 24 15679
      10 59689 25 105417

      11 55971 26 12379
      12 170781
      13 29247
      14 25291
      15 116961

      What does the following 50 digit prime number represent:

      98199 63091 11696 12833 31362 \
      94629 15833 31169 61981 99927

      If you need additional discussion, you may contact me
      on or off-list.

      Milton L. Brown
      miltbrown@...

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Milton Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8 9:15 PM
        The 50 digit prime was

        98199 63091 11696 12833 31362 \
        94629 15833 31169 61981 99927

        The PRP's of the form 10^(10000+x) + y, (smallest y)
        transform x :: 1 to 26 corresponding to A to Z
        into y which are all unique. This allows English
        words to be encoded as patterns in the prime.
        To decode the message you must recognize the patterns
        and reverse the process. These variable length encodings
        also make it more difficult. This corresponds to a
        "trap-door" function which is easy to do, but hard
        to reverse.

        The letter C or 3 corresponds to 63091, and so the message
        can be decoded.

        Milton L. Brown
        miltbrown@...

        Corresponding to my posting of January 13, the following PRP's,
        from my list may help you see the patterns and discover the
        meaning:

        PPR of the form 10^(10000+x) + y
        x y x y