Re: [PrimeNumbers] Fibonacci factors

  • Jens Kruse Andersen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2003
      David Broadhurst wrote:
      > Jens: The primary site is
      >
      > http://home.att.net/~blair.kelly/mathematics/fibonacci/
      >
      > You chanced on an out-of-date japanese mirror.

      Thanks. That makes it 0 for 2 in my first post:
      Out-of-date pi record and out-of-date Fibonacci reference.
      Blasted Internet! Of course it should be blamed and not me :-)
      The only new factorizations below F(1000) on the primary site are F(877) and
      F(911). None of these are solutions to the given problem.
      I have submitted the new solutions to the EIS.

      Greg wrote:
      > In Mathematica,
      > FactorInteger[Fib[i]]; t = ""; Map[strng,
      And later:
      > String manipulation...where's the fun in that? ;-)

      Where's the fun in calling FactorInteger[] and doing string manipulation? ;-)
      If you really want fun, write your own factorization program!
      If you want a minor challenge (probably more tedious than challenging) then
      work on the compressed format for F(1001) to F(9999). F(even number) is not
      trivial to put together.

      --
      Jens Kruse Andersen