Re: PFGW Benchmarks uploaded

  • mgrogue <mgrogue@wi.rr.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "David Broadhurst
      <d.broadhurst@o...>" <d.broadhurst@o...> wrote:
      > Phil and Mike told me that Athlon >> AMD K6.
      >
      > Sorry, I was misled by the fact that TaskInfo
      > says my Athlon is
      >
      > Type/Family/Model/Step = 0/6/4/2
      >
      > and I must have misread the 6.
      >
      > Anyway, cycle for cycle, it is
      > 1.50 +/- 0.01
      > times better than the lousy PIII that my employer provides.
      >
      > David

      I could say the same about the overclocked K6's I'm stuck with at the
      office. Based upon some newer benchmarks sent to me the PIII is
      almost three times faster than a K6 at the same speed. Ouch!

      I do not have any Athlon benchmarks yet, so if anyone would care to
      send some to me, I would appreciate it.

      --Mark