Quadratic Sieve Implementations

  • mgrogue <mgrogue@wi.rr.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2003
      With a bit of research, I have found the following quadratic sieve
      implementations in case anyone is interested. This should be of most
      use to anyone who does not have an x86 CPU.

      1) PARI - the factorint() function
      2) LiDIA - the bigint_factor_appl program
      3) mpqs4linux
      4) PPMPQS
      5) PPSIQS

      I have seen a couple of other implementations, but they were written
      solely in C and could not handle numbers larger than 50 digits.

      PARI and LiDIA are supported on multiple CPUs. LiDIA is built on top
      of existing multiprecision libraries, such as GMP and piologie.

      mpqs4linux, PPMPQS, and PPSIQS are x86 only as they have x86 assembly.

      I have not benchmarked any of these, so I don't know which ones are
      the fastest. If anyone has benchmark information, especially
      regarding the QS implementation of PARI or LiDIA (using GMP), I would
      like to know. If anyone knows of other good publicly available QS
      implentations, feel free to write a follow-up to this post.

      --Mark