Re: [PrimeNumbers] Strong evidence for Goldbach's conjecture.

  • mikeoakes2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2002
      erickanderson@... writes:

      > maybe you can tell me if what I
      > said is true for 510510 or even 9699690

      Even knowing everything there is to know about the number of solutions for
      each n up to a million or two, I can't answer your question, because as far
      as I can determine you have not stated any _general_ proposition precise
      enough to have a "true" or "false" answer. (Just answering about individual
      numbers is not what this game is about.) Perhaps you would like to have a go
      at that?

      (I hesitate to pursue this thread, though, because, as David has just
      reiterated, it has nothing whatsoever to do with _proving_ Goldbach.)

      Mike