Re: [PrimeNumbers] A request

  • Eric Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2002
      This isn't correct.6+30n,12+30n,18+30n and 24+30n will solve 3/4 as often
      as 30n numbers.Generally 6n solves as often as 2+6n and 4+6n combined.
      This is simply because all primes after 3 take the form 6n+1 or 6n+5.Now
      6n-6n1-1=6n2-5 and vice versa.However a( 6n+2)-(6n1+5)will always produce
      a factor of 3 and likewise 6n+4 will produce a factor of 3 when 7,13,19...
      is subtracted.
      Eric Anderson <erickanderson@...> wrote:
      Statistically you should find that 30n evens solve the most.Numbers not in this
      form that end in zero( 10+30n or 20+30n )half as often.Other evens 3/8 times
      as often on average.
      Eric
      Hisanobu Shinya <hshinya2002@...> wrote:Hi, I tried as much as possible to prove Goldbach's Conjecture
      statistically. As I am considering to submit it to a Journal, I
      would be very happy if you give me your opinion on my approach.

      Thanks.

      HS

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT