Hamiltonian circuits

  • David Broadhurst
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2002
      Jon: Do you claim anything beyond what was known to
      Gabriel Andrew Dirac in 1952?

      PS: Gabriel Andrew Dirac
      had Paul Adrien Maurice Dirac for his stepfather and
      Eugene Paul Wigner for his uncle
      so I guess that if he ever got stuck
      there was some powerful help on hand :-)

      David
    • Jon Perry
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2002
        >Jon: Do you claim anything beyond what was known to
        >Gabriel Andrew Dirac in 1952?

        My Graph Theory book states every graph with n>=3 vertices has a HC if the
        minimum degree is n/2 (Dirac 1952)

        http://www.math.uni-hamburg.de/home/diestel/

        Goto Books, Graph Theory, and you can download it for free (p.223)

        (The download says GraphTheoryII, I have Graph Theory, as in the picture, I
        think the II is refering to 'second edition')

        Jon Perry
        perry@...
        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths/
        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/DIVMenu/