P4 version of gmp-ecm uploaded

  • gchil0
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2002
      Hello,

      There didn't seem to be one, so I compiled and uploaded a Pentium 4
      version of GMP-ECM into the usual place in the files area. As the
      others, it requires cygwin1.dll. Here are the timings of all
      versions for a 136 digit composite using B1=250000 on a 2 GHz Pentium
      4:

      ECM version Step 1 Step 2
      athlon 19.1s 8.0s
      i386 19.6s 8.3s
      pentium 15.1s 7.1s
      pentium2 17.3s 7.7s
      pentium4 6.6s 3.7s

      For comparison, my Athlon 1800+ takes 6.1s, 3.1s in the same test.
      The P4 optimized version is much faster than the others and nears the
      speed of an Athlon. Have fun factoring!

      Greg