6221Nested Carmichael numbers - A generalization of the Korselt's criterion

  • Henri LIFCHITZ
    Apr 1, 2002
      Hello,

      Concerning Marcel Martin's post "Constructing Carmichael numbers" to YahooGroups primenumbers list,
      I have discovered a generalization of the Korselt's criterion (1899) :
      "A composite odd number n is a Carmichael number if and only if n is squarefree
      and p-1 divides n-1 for every prime p dividing n"

      Please have a look at my article "A generalization of the Korselt's criterion - Nested
      Carmichael numbers" on :
      http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hlifchitz/Renaud.html

      Perhaps this could be useful for compression purposes.

      I'm looking forward to your comments,

      Renaud Lifchitz
      Paris, France
      RenaudL@...