4232Re: Fw: [PrimeNumbers] A goldbach conjecture for twin primes

    Nov 30, 2001
      On Fri, 30 November 2001, Phil Carmody wrote:
      > Verified to 2*10^10, eh?
      > Got anything better than an O(n^2) algorithm (*)?
      > Something tells me (probably just indigestion) that there ought to be a quicker way than the naive n^2 method.

      Aha! I think there is! However, I think its constant is unfavourable, and it looks very overflow-sensitive. I'll have to try it out some time, if noone's already tried it (I can't see any references to anyone trying it yet).

      Phil

      Don't be fooled, CRC Press are _not_ the good guys.
      They've taken Wolfram's money - _don't_ give them yours.
      http://mathworld.wolfram.com/erics_commentary.html

      http://www.shopping.altavista.com
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic