      I guess what I am trying to indicate is, that to reduce the bounded gap to 2, which neither the Polymath Project, nor James Maynard expect to reach through their current methods, some alternative thinking is required.

      Alas I do not have access to the reference book you have kindly alluded to.

      Bob

      On 13 Jan 2014, at 21:15, Chris Caldwell <caldwell@...> wrote:

      I am not sure what you are saying below, but it reminds me of "the Goldbach conjecture using twin primes" E.g., D. Zwillinger, Math Comp, vol 33, #147, page 1071, July 1979.

      CC

      -----Original Message-----
      From: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:primenumbers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob Gilson
      Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 1:13 PM
      To: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [PrimeNumbers] Bounded Gaps of Primes

      It's interesting that the most recent progress in reducing the bounded gaps for primes has been

      4680 Polymath Project
      600 James Maynard
      270 Polymath Project

      All these gaps are divisible by 30, and as David Broadhurst confirmed but could not prove, any number wholly divisible by 30, including 30, can be broken down into the sum of two particular even numbers. And on either side of those particular even numbers, twin primes will be found.

      Examples 30 = 18 + 12 : 17:19 & 11:13
      270 = 72 + 198 : 71:73 & 197:199

      Food for thought?

      Bob