25266Janos Pintz survey + new results on prime gaps

  • WarrenS
    Jul 26, 2013
      http://arxiv.org/abs/1305.6289

      Very readable and nice.
      Also claims a result I had conjectured here before (I had
      outlined a proof using Zhang, but never checked that the proof plan could
      really be carried through)
      is indeed true: there are infinitely many "de Polignac numbers."

      One of the most impressive claims in Pintz's paper is this. Let a "near twin"
      prime p be a prime p such that p,q are two primes with p<q<p+70000000.

      Then: the near-twin primes contain arbitrarily long arithmetic progressions.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic