25078evariste galois alex grothendieck

  • Adriano Palma
    May 12, 2013
      ________________________________
      From: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com [primenumbers@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of j_chrtn [j_chrtn@...]
      Sent: 12 May 2013 01:35
      To: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Unread heros of Math & Physics

      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com<mailto:primenumbers%40yahoogroups.com>, "djbroadhurst" <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:

      > To Newton, Maxwell and Einstein belongs the almost sole
      > glory of capturing the essentials of mechanics,
      > electromagnetism and relativity, respectively, in a handful
      > of ideas and equations of great power and persuasiveness.

      Not to minimize the work of such a genius that was Einstein what about Lorentz and Poincar´┐Ż's contributions to special relativity?
      And as a mathematician, Poincar´┐Ż probably ranks in the top of the list close to Euler and Gauss.

      Among my favorite mathematicians is also Galois: I can't hardly imagine the work he would have achieved if he did not die (stupidly) at only 20.

      JL

      ======= Please find our Email Disclaimer here-->: http://www.ukzn.ac.za/disclaimer =======