25058Re: Unread heros of Math & Physics

  • j_chrtn
    May 11, 2013
      > To Newton, Maxwell and Einstein belongs the almost sole
      > glory of capturing the essentials of mechanics,
      > electromagnetism and relativity, respectively, in a handful
      > of ideas and equations of great power and persuasiveness.

      Not to minimize the work of such a genius that was Einstein what about Lorentz and Poincaré's contributions to special relativity?
      And as a mathematician, Poincaré probably ranks in the top of the list close to Euler and Gauss.

      Among my favorite mathematicians is also Galois: I can't hardly imagine the work he would have achieved if he did not die (stupidly) at only 20.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic