24967Re: Caldwell conjectured #Wieferich primes = finite?

    Mar 27, 2013
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
      Chris Caldwell <caldwell@...> wrote:

      > First, Caldwell (if that means me) made no such "conjecture."
      > Folks are too lose with that word.

      Indeed. It was an "obiter dictum", now changed in
      http://primes.utm.edu/glossary/xpage/WieferichPrime.html
      to the converse remark. Neither then nor now should Warren,
      or others, seek to elevate it to a "conjecture" by Chris.

      I have found Warren's contributions fruitful enough to set
      aside his unfortunate tone in communicating them. Yet I am
      still puzzled why he seems to need to be so combative in
      what is, quite frankly, a place where he should not expect
      the type of serious review that he might gain by taking the
      trouble to write up his ideas in an appropriate form for
      scrutiny by a more rigorous mathematical community.

      In any case, thanks Warren, for the maths.

      David (not a mathematician)
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic