24703Fw: Re: Twin primes and Pi

  • gigi_avatar27
    Nov 28, 2012
      Thanks, glad to be here.

      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Phil Carmody <thefatphil@...> wrote:
      > And as you open source RIES, there's nothing stopping people from
      > adding more constants and functions, for which I'm most grateful,
      > even if I've not actually got around to doing that yet - I certainly
      > plan to! (However, I'd probably drop phi as a leaf-node too!)

      You can already drop phi, if that's all you want to do, by excluding the phi symbol from the search with the option -Nf.

      Adding constants and functions was and is a conscious motivation from the very start, and I consider it in any refactoring and enhancements. In the source code you can see that I've already specified the syntax for custom constants and functions through the existing -include mechanism. For example:

      --define : EulerGamma # seft-a (constant)
      ( -- The Euler-Mascheroni constant, 0.57721... )
      # 50 digits for when RIES goes to higher precision
      0.57721566490153286060651209008240243104215933593992
      ;

      This isn't implemented yet but at least I thought of it.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic