24202Re: Fast prime generators

  • bhelmes_1
    Mar 27, 2012
      Hello Mark,

      i wrote a prime sieve with Cuda on a Gpu Geforce 450 with 192 cores.
      All work is done on the Gpu.

      I get as result only the numbers of primes in arithmetic progressions.
      The Programm needs approximately 1 month for counting all primes below 10^15

      I am not sure if this is a good result, but i could give you the code,
      if you want, it is quite nice and uses not the sieve of Eratosthenes,
      but more a sieve of Ulam in some derivated form.

      Does it make any sense to calculate the numbers of primes in arithmetic progressions up to 10^15 ?

      Nice greetings from the primes
      Bernhard
    • Show all 49 messages in this topic