24111Re: Two large consecutive smooth numbers

    Mar 4 11:35 AM
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
      "WarrenS" <warren.wds@...> wrote:

      > Jim White & I have been trying to construct these things
      > because they are grist for my new factoring algorithm SMODA.

      I have not been following this in detail, but I gained the impression
      that Warren's original advert was far too optimistic and that now
      his heuristic for oracular factorization has escalated from
      exp(log(N)^(1/3+o(1))) to the far less encouraging
      exp(log(N)^(2/3+o(1))) as the time to construct a database.

      Is this a fair summary of the setback?