24058Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: ...factorizer to break RSA...

    Feb 15, 2012
      --- On Wed, 2/15/12, djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
      > Phil Carmody <thefatphil@...> wrote:
      > > Using an algorithm from (other) DJB.
      > > I said that might be the case, didn't I?
      >
      > Bang on, good Sir!
      >
      > > To have apparently the same Big-Oh and similar constant
      >
      > > to a DJB algorithm just from a back-of-a-fag-packet algorithm
      > > doesn't happen every day.
      >
      > Fortune favours the unsecretive :-)

      My method's obvious enough that I'm sure it must have occured to Dan, and therefore I'm pretty sure there must be something like a log log N of leverage in his method that makes it win in the long run. (That would be a factor of 20-ish at these sizes, and not to be sniffed at.) However, I will confess to not having read his paper for about 6 years, including today.