21330Re: Second mega-trit prime

    Feb 14, 2010
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
      "jpyah2001" <jpenne@...> wrote:

      > 2*3^1074726+1 is prime! Time : 8911.548 sec.

      Thank you, kindly, dear Sir. I am much relieved.

      > I shall now verify the second (mainly to test the young
      > new LLR, I am confident it is prime!)

      It was the second that made me worry:
      "too much of a good thing", I said to myself,
      with my usual skepticism.

      So another test by "young new LLR" would be
      much appreciated, even though it does now
      look as if it indeed may succeed.

      As ever, I rely on the existence of a variety
      of software, with dedicated and generous authors
      and maintainers, to keep us free of needless error.