2032RE: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Cracking RSA: Relationship between prime numbers and quantum theory

  • Paul Leyland
    Aug 1, 2001
      > One of the postulate in quantum theory states that no two
      > particle can occupy the same place at the same time.

      Not true in general. It is true for fermions (particles with spin
      (2i+1)/2) and is known as the Pauli exclusion principle. For bosons
      (particles with integral spin) particles can, and do, occupy precisely
      the same state at the same time. It's why lasers, superfluids and
      superconductors have such interesting properties.

      I fail to see what any of this has to do with factorization, but it will
      be interesting to see if anything comes from it.

      Paul
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic