      De: michael_b_porter <michael.porter@...>
      Asunto: Re: primes in arithmetic sequences
      Para: "Sebastian Martin Ruiz" <s_m_ruiz@...>
      Fecha: viernes, 27 febrero, 2009 6:02

      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Sebastian Martin Ruiz
      <s_m_ruiz@...> wrote:
      > It is to say exists a positive integer t that p+t(p-q) and q+t(p-q)
      are both primes?

      Suppose that this conjecture is true.  Let (s,s+2) be a pair of twin
      primes.  Then by the conjecture (with p=s+2, q=s), there is a positive
      integer t such that s+2+2t and s+2t are both prime.  So for each pair
      of twin primes, there is a greater pair of twin primes.

      So the twin prime conjecture follows from your conjecture.

      - Michael Porter