19822Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Inaugural puzzle

  • Jens Kruse Andersen
    Jan 16, 2009
      David Broadhurst wrote:
      > --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Jens Kruse Andersen"
      > <jens.k.a@...> wrote:
      >> a 1223-digit p2
      >
      > No, that's too large. Try re-reading the OEIS page :-)

      Oops. My PARI/GP script to find p2 was correct but it output decimal
      expansions and didn't stop after the first. I had a bunch of open windows
      and failed to scroll up to see two earlier prp's when I copied the result
      later. How sloppy. The old PARI window is still open and I just checked the
      output. The first 3 titanic prp's of p2 type has 1001, 1002, 1223 digits.

      I now get 1673-digit p1, 1001-digit p2, and p3=151. Primo is running on p2.
      PFGW has proved p3 where p1 was enough help for an easy proof.
      I still don't know what the metric connection is.

      --
      Jens Kruse Andersen
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic