19370Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Proving Sierpinski conjecture before SoB completes its task

  • Jack Brennen
    May 19, 2008
      Phil Carmody wrote:

      > Now reread what Jack wrote (which was also going be in my original post too, but thinking that it was a bit obvious I removed it for brevity), and think a bit more.

      I tried (in private email) giving the example of the dual sequences:

      10^n-7
      7*10^n-1

      They both have the same covering set (it can be found in under a
      minute with just a little thought). One of the sequences has a
      very easy to find prime; the other one is easily proven to have no
      primes.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic