19297Cunningham Chains near primorials

  • Paul Schmidt
    Feb 28, 2008
      Hi all,

      I am looking for Cunningham Chains near primorials (aP#+p). I have
      written a program that sieves and then uses the GMP library to see if
      what is left is a probable prime. You can read more about the program at:

      I have two questions:

      1. Can I improve the sieve by using Cunningham Chain tests as
      suggested by Henri Lifchitz and is there an optimized implementation?

      2. Is there a benefit to finding values of a such that the aP#+p+1 or
      aP#+p-1 can be easily factored and, if it is helpful, how can this be
      used to speed up the search?

      I am a prime number hobbyist, not a mathematician, so comments and
      suggestions are welcome. My web pages still need work and may contain
      mistakes or not be written clearly.