18922Re: [PrimeNumbers] Known prime gaps

    May 8, 2007
      --- SWagler@... wrote:
      > All,
      >
      > Years ago I plotted a frequency distribution of prime gaps from 2 to some
      > small limit and the curve always looked similar to the curve for black body
      > radiation. Has anyone done this for limits large or small? Are there
      > theoretical reasons to account for this?

      Prime gaps are far from smoothly distributed.
      Gaps divisible by 3 are more likely than ones not divisible by 3.
      As 30 becomes small, gaps divisible by 30 also become more popular.
      As always this can be explained by looking at small primes.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic