18806Complex primes?

  • peter piper
    Mar 19, 2007
      I apologize for the naivete of my question, but I am
      not a mathematician.

      Having read a few books on Riemann and prime numbers,
      I have this question:

      Does Riemann's extension of the zeta function to the
      complex plane imply that there are complex prime
      numbers?

      I have seen lists of prime numbers and lists of zeta
      zeros, but not of complex primes. Indeed, I don't even
      know if the idea of complex prime makes any sense.

      Thank you for indulging my curiosity.

      Bored stiff? Loosen up...
      http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic