17751Re: symmetrical primes

  • Mark Underwood
    Mar 12, 2006
      Great going you guys, a symmetrical 20 cluster is found. Phil, I
      noticed that your central number - 1797595815015 - is very factor
      rich (containing all primes from 3 to 17).

      I did some head scratching as well as to why first occurances of
      cluster sizes are so much larger with a prime as the centre number.
      Although it me much longer than 30 seconds to get it, I still gave
      myself a pat on the back. :)

      Another puzzle is on the way.

      Mark

      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Phil Carmody <thefatphil@...>
      wrote:

      > --- Alan McFarlane <alan.mcfarlane@...> wrote:
      > > I'll test my code on Block #3
      > >
      > > Block 1 : (0 * 240) .. (1 * 240) - completed (18 digits found)
      [AM/PC]
      > > Block 2 : (1 * 240) .. (2 * 240) - reserved PC
      > > Block 3 : (2 * 240) .. (3 * 240) - reserved AM
      >
      > Looks like you stopped to soon first time - the whole block took
      2hrs on the
      > 2GHz Athlon.
      >

      > 1797595815167
      > 1797595815157 +10
      > 1797595815133 +24
      > 1797595815109 +24
      > 1797595815091 +18
      > 1797595815089 +2
      > 1797595815079 +10
      > 1797595815053 +26
      > 1797595815019 +34
      > 1797595815017 +2
      > 1797595815013 +4
      > 1797595815011 +2
      > 1797595814977 +34
      > 1797595814951 +26
      > 1797595814941 +10
      > 1797595814939 +2
      > 1797595814921 +18
      > 1797595814897 +24
      > 1797595814873 +24
      > 1797595814863 +10
      >
      > Phil
      >
      > () ASCII ribbon campaign () Hopeless ribbon campaign
      > /\ against HTML mail /\ against gratuitous bloodshed
      >
      > [stolen with permission from Daniel B. Cristofani]

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic